Nestor Vicario has been an immigration attorney since 2014. His primary focus is family-based immigration, citizenship, hardship waivers of inadmissibility, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), and removal defense. Mr. Vicario’s professional experience and background give him a unique perspective on the importance of having an immigration attorney who can navigate through the complexities of U.S. immigration laws armed with knowledge and compassion, whether fighting in immigration court to keep families united, assisting dreamers, or guiding families through hardship waiver applications.
Over the years, Mr. Vicario has volunteered at several Chicago nonprofit community organizations serving the immigrant community, including Latinos Progresando, the Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights (ICIRR), and Erie Neighborhood House. He is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and the Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois (HLAI). While attending law school, Mr. Vicario joined Latinos Progresando’s legal staff as an intern assisting victims of domestic violence and individuals seeking family-based immigration benefits. Mr. Vicario has been an invited speaker on immigration topics, including DACA and immigration court.
- Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago-Kent College of Law, Juris Doctor, 2013
- DePaul University, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Anthropology, 2007
Honors & Awards
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Legal Writing IV: Immigration and Nationality Law, 2012
- Access Living, Deferred Action and Removal Defense Procedure, January 2014
- DePaul University, Dreamer’s Panel Discussion, November 2013
- Latinos Progresando, Immigration Court & Defense: Cancellation of Removal, August 2013